3790Re: [nanotech] Quantum dot wire less logic

  • E M
    Feb 4, 2004
      Not only is there no particular reason why the
      1 and 0 states should be equal in energy, but obviously they almost never
      really are.

      OK Mark,,the question is why these quantum cells tend to have the same energy when they are aligned ,,is that because they want to reach the stable point?

      by the way ,,,I got the these ideas from http://www.mitre.org/tech/nanotech/quantum_dot_cell3.html

      Mark Gubrud <mgubrud@...> wrote:
      At least in the case of classical computing, where the physical state of
      the computer (continuous physical degrees of freedom, as opposed to a
      logical state) always has definite values, including during a state
      transition, the only requirement is that the energy barrier (energy of the
      transition state) be high enough to be inacessible by thermal or other
      noise, i.e. that there are no thermal or other sources of excitation large
      enough to supply the energy needed to reach the energy of the transition
      state from the bottoms of the energy wells defining each of the two
      logical states (1 and 0). Not only is there no particular reason why the

      --
      Mark Avrum Gubrud | "The Farce?"
      Center for Superconductivity Research | "Well, the Farce is what