Full width display?

  • mark_toppy
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2007
      I'm impressed by nanoblogger and considering using it but there is one
      aesthetic aspect exhibited by the default configuration which I can't
      stand. The standard default blog is very narrow and leaves large
      margins wasted on the left and right of my 1280x1024 screen. However,
      I've seen that many of the user blogs listed as examples on the
      website do display in full screen width. E.g
      http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/ compared to the standard width at
      http://nanoblogger.sourceforge.net/index.html .

      Can somebody please show/point me how to change this? I'm guessing it
      is largely a css issue so I downloaded some of those sample site css
      files and I did get a wider display but there were plenty of
      font/alignment issues so it must be more than just changes in the css
      file?
    • Kevin W.
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2007
        Yes. Edit the stylesheet and remove all occurrences of
        "width" in the following areas:
        #container, #content, and #footer. You may find other
        occurrences of width you wish to adjust. Also make
        sure you're using a stylesheet that's compatible with
        your version of NB. Due to a rewrite, templates and
        stylesheets from previous versions of NB are not
        interchangeable. I hope to further improve the
        stylesheets and appreciate your feedback.

        Thanks,
        Kevin

        --- mark_toppy <mark_toppy@...> wrote:

        > I'm impressed by nanoblogger and considering using
        > it but there is one
        > aesthetic aspect exhibited by the default
        > configuration which I can't
        > stand. The standard default blog is very narrow and
        > leaves large
        > margins wasted on the left and right of my 1280x1024
        > screen. However,
        > I've seen that many of the user blogs listed as
        > examples on the
        > website do display in full screen width. E.g
        > http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/ compared to the
        > standard width at
        > http://nanoblogger.sourceforge.net/index.html .
        >
        > Can somebody please show/point me how to change
        > this? I'm guessing it
        > is largely a css issue so I downloaded some of those
        > sample site css
        > files and I did get a wider display but there were
        > plenty of
        > font/alignment issues so it must be more than just
        > changes in the css
        > file?

      • mark_toppy
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 8, 2007
          Thanks Kevin, I deleted those width parameters and adjusted a little
          more of the css and got something I am happy with (at
          http://markb.dreamhosters.com/). I'll start using nb with more
          enthusiasm when nb 3.3 is released into the debian packages.

          Thanks for a great program. FYI, I evaluated a few blogging
          packages and found nb the best for me. I'm a shell/vim guy myself and
          have also written many small and largish shell scripts/programs over
          many years in my professional life. I never really got into perl but
          have started using python recently for some personal projects and am
          won over by it. If you were starting an nb redesign today(!), python
          would be a superb vehicle. :)
        • Kevin W.
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 20, 2007
            Good news! I plan on ditching the box model hacks used
            in nb's style sheets and reverting to something more
            practical so I don't lose my mind to the twisted world
            of browser compatibility. :)

            http://mail.yahoo.com