Re: Created a new nb 3.2.3 blog -- same problems -- on FC4

  • Kyle Skrinak
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2006
      I see what you're saying. the URL isn't to a .txt file, but ratherthat's
      the anchor id. I don't have a problem with that. I was merelylooking at
      the tail of the URL string, wthout noting the anchor token. Thanks for
      clearing that up. Part of my problem is that the 3.2.3 Recent Entries
      links are broken locally, but work fine when published. They do work
      locally if I insert "index.html" before the anchor token "#" in the URL.

      What do I need to do to make local previewing of Recent Entries on 3.2.3
      nb work?

      Much thanks,
      Kyle

      --- In nanoblogger@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin W." <un1xt3r@...> wrote:
      >Kyle entry links appearing to point to txt files is normal, unless
      youset ENTRY_ARCHIVES to "1". Otherwise NB falls back to using the
      namesof an entry's data file as anchors in the permanent links. Please
      don't confuse the anchor ID as a link to an entry's txt file.The anchor
      ID for permanent links need to be unique, so if you have abetter idea
      don't hesitate to let me know.

      > I'll admitfrom loosely following your previous emails I may be
      confusing theissues, but the permanent links from your linked site
      seemed functional.

      > Thanks,
      > Kevin
      >
      > --- Kyle Skrinak ks_prsnl_calendar@... wrote:
      >
      > > Thinking that I might have corrupt data files, I
      > > tried creating a new
      > > blog using nb 3.2.3 on FC4. Quick stuff, nothing
      > > requiring a huge amount
      > > of typing. I'm seeing the same issues. Recent
      > > entries URLs pointing to
      > > txt, Permalinks pointing to txt files as well. Much
      > > quicker, FWIW, than
      > > my Mac OS X box...

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Kyle Skrinak
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2006
        Alright -- I fixed local preview not working by specifying an URI in the
        blog.conf. I'm guessing that's new in 3.2 (from 3.1)

        Thanks,
        Kyle

        --- In nanoblogger@yahoogroups.com, "Kyle Skrinak"
        <ks_prsnl_calendar@...> wrote:

        > I see what you're saying. the URL isn't to a .txt file, but
        ratherthat's
        > the anchor id. I don't have a problem with that. I was merelylooking
        at
        > the tail of the URL string, wthout noting the anchor token. Thanks for
        > clearing that up. Part of my problem is that the 3.2.3 Recent Entries
        > links are broken locally, but work fine when published. They do work
        > locally if I insert "index.html" before the anchor token "#" in the
        URL.

        > What do I need to do to make local previewing of Recent Entries on
        3.2.3
        > nb work?
        >
        > Much thanks,
        > Kyle
        >
        > --- In nanoblogger@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin W." un1xt3r@ wrote:
        > >Kyle entry links appearing to point to txt files is normal, unless
        > youset ENTRY_ARCHIVES to "1". Otherwise NB falls back to using the
        > namesof an entry's data file as anchors in the permanent links.
        Please
        > don't confuse the anchor ID as a link to an entry's txt file.The
        anchor
        > ID for permanent links need to be unique, so if you have abetter idea
        > don't hesitate to let me know.
        > >
        > > I'll admitfrom loosely following your previous emails I may be
        > confusing theissues, but the permanent links from your linked site
        > seemed functional.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > Kevin
        > >
        > > --- Kyle Skrinak ks_prsnl_calendar@ wrote:
        > >
        > > > Thinking that I might have corrupt data files, I
        > > > tried creating a new
        > > > blog using nb 3.2.3 on FC4. Quick stuff, nothing
        > > > requiring a huge amount
        > > > of typing. I'm seeing the same issues. Recent
        > > > entries URLs pointing to
        > > > txt, Permalinks pointing to txt files as well. Much
        > > > quicker, FWIW, than
        > > > my Mac OS X box...

        > > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Kevin W.
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
          Simply set NB_INDEX to "index.html". This should work
          for version 3.2.3 as well. This presumes that you're
          templates are up to date with the $NB_INDEX
          placeholders.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Kevin W.
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
            For NB versions 3.2 and up, BLOG_URL is only required
            for syndication feeds and/or if you have
            ABSOLUTE_LINKS enabled.

            http://mail.yahoo.com