Previewing current entry

  • Kyle Skrinak
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2006
      I would like to the ability to preview the post that I am currently
      editing. For example, say I type:

      nb -c 1 -a

      and nanoblogger obliges according. In my case, it opens BBEdit. I can
      edit my post with BBEdit's rich HTML tools and preview as well. I'm
      courting with using vi, however, especially when I want to create a
      new entry away from my home machine. I know how to redirect the editor
      to vi, but how do I preview what I'm working before closing the file?
      I don't want to wait for the entire site to update, I just want to
      look at my current entry as a self-contained HTML snippet, like I can
      do in BBEdit.

      How can I do this?

      Thanks,
      Kyle
    • Kevin W.
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2006
        Kyle, I'm sure with vi there's probably a plugin or
        even a command to pipe the HTML content through lynx
        or w3m. If you want a more accurate preview I'd
        suggest using the '--makepage' option.

        Example from vi:
        :!nb --makepage % preview.html && $BROWSER
        preview.html

        Kevin

        http://mail.yahoo.com