sed 4.1.4 messed up my nb

  • Daniel Schregenberger
    Message 1 of 3 , May 8, 2005
      In case anybody encounters a similar problem: sed 4.1.4 gave me strange
      errormessages with nb 2.8

      load_page did not load files that were clearly there and the error
      appeared on a line where no sed was called at all...

      downgrading sed helped...

      ./nb -b WebLog/ -e 1
      processing blog entry id: 1 ...
      generating atom feed ...
      WebLog//atom.xml
      generating rss feed ...
      WebLog//index.xml
      checking for related rss feeds ...
      generating index pages ...
      generating master archive index ...
      sed: read error on stdin: Is a directory
      sed: read error on stdin: Is a directory
      sed: read error on stdin: Is a directory
      [...]

      -- Daniel

      --
      Homepage: http://www.npfdd.ch/
      Message 2 of 3 , May 11, 2005
        Hi Daniel,

        I just checked my version of sed:
        $> sed --version
        GNU sed version 4.1.4

        ... and I don't get those errors in my CVS version, I
        can't confirm for nb 3.1, since it was released before
        sed 4.1.4.

        Since version 2.8, I'm sure there's been improvements
        on my use of sed commands and their portability, as
        I've tested them on solaris, openbsd, and darwin.

        Thanks,
        Kevin

        --- Daniel Schregenberger <npfdd@...> wrote:

        > In case anybody encounters a similar problem: sed
        > 4.1.4 gave me strange
        > errormessages with nb 2.8
        >
        > load_page did not load files that were clearly there
        > and the error
        > appeared on a line where no sed was called at all...
        >
        > downgrading sed helped...
        >
        > ./nb -b WebLog/ -e 1
        > processing blog entry id: 1 ...
        > generating atom feed ...
        > WebLog//atom.xml
        > generating rss feed ...
        > WebLog//index.xml
        > checking for related rss feeds ...
        > generating index pages ...
        > generating master archive index ...
        > sed: read error on stdin: Is a directory
        > sed: read error on stdin: Is a directory
        > sed: read error on stdin: Is a directory
        > [...]
        >
        > -- Daniel
        >

        > --
        > Homepage: http://www.npfdd.ch/
        > --
        > You will always have good luck in your personal
        > affairs.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Daniel Schregenberger
        Message 3 of 3 , May 14, 2005
          Yeah, I should try to upgrade nb to a current version...I only need to
          find the time to do it... :)

          -- Daniel

          --
          Homepage: http://www.npfdd.ch/