Re: Nanoblogger is cool, how do i do this ?

  • un1xt3r
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2004
      Kevin Verma,

      Hi, I just got back from my vacation!

      Unfortunately, there's no easy way to do what you want. The import
      function would be a pretty lame solution, as all it does is import the
      text into a new entry's body. However I think this shouldn't be to
      difficult to accomplish.

      There's two major steps to the conversion:
      1. Reformat each entry to the nanoblogger format.
      2. Rename each entry to it's corresponding date and time.

      It may be trivial to write a script to automate all this. Perhaps you
      could give me an idea of what the blogspot format looks like or point
      me to some resources.

      An entry filename is of the format:
      YYYY-MM-DDTHH_MM_SS

      and ends with .htm suffix

      So a typical entry's filename would look something like this:
      2004-06-25T22_24_37.htm

      A typical entry file's format looks like this:
      TITLE: New Entry
      AUTHOR: tester
      DATE: June 25, 2004 10:24 PM
      DESC: blah
      -----
      BODY:
      Blah blah blah.
      -----

      Thanks,
      Kevin

      http://home.columbus.rr.com/n1xt3r/downloads/nanoblogger/docs/nanoblogger.html

      > > Check out the section: "Managing Entries and Categories".
      > >
      > > Hope that answers your question.
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > > Kevin
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Kevin Verma
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2004
        The manual procedure worked just fine, so my nano blog should be found
        updated on http://linuxbite.net/blog/ shortly. Let me know if it works as a
        useful you expected nanoblogger for your users. And if I as a user making
        a good use of the same.

        How to get the following working:
        1) Tidy
        2) Articles
        3) Google search plugin

        I hope above all and rest to follow on this thread is a good candidate for nanoblogger manual.

        Regards,
        KEvin

      • un1xt3r n1x
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 7, 2004
          --- Kevin Verma <lists.news@...> wrote:
          > The manual procedure worked just fine, so my nano
          > blog should be found
          > updated on http://linuxbite.net/blog/ shortly. Let
          > me know if it works as a
          > useful you expected nanoblogger for your users. And
          > if I as a user making
          > a good use of the same.
          Great! I added a section on importing entries to the
          manual in cvs.

          > How to get the following working:
          > 1) Tidy
          > 2) Articles
          > 3) Google search plugin
          Let's see.

          -The tidy plugin should just need to be able to find
          the HTML Tidy command somewhere in your $PATH.

          -The articles plugin has some good info if you view
          the comments in the code.

          - The google search plugin may have to be manually
          edited before it works, depending on whether BLOG_URL
          is set to a simple domain name
          (http://weblog.kevin.com) or a path off the domain
          name (http://kevin.com/weblog). Since google only
          works from the domain name.