Re: [nanoblogger] Re: nb -a entry no weblog directory specified! goodbye.

  • Sharon Kimble
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4 9:58 AM
      I have no BLOG_DIR entry in my blog.conf, but I have resolved the
      issue by first using /home/boztu/blog and thereafter just using 'blog'
      and it works okay.

      But I've found another problem. Before the new install I could just
      use ..... http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/ ........ and it showed up
      okay, now I have to use ......
      http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html ..... before the home page
      displays. But why? I'm puzzled as to whats caused the change.

      Thanks
      Sharon.

      On 04/04/2012, Toni <tonifuente@...> wrote:
      > Hi Sharon,
      >
      > Have you tried to set up the BLOG_DIR variable to your default blog
      > directory, on your .nb.conf file?
      >
      > Like so:
      >
      > BLOG_DIR="$HOME/public_html/name_of_the_blog"
      >
      > Regards,
      > Antonio.
      >
      > --- In nanoblogger@yahoogroups.com, Sharon Kimble <skimble04@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> On a fresh install of debian and subsequent reinstallation of
      >> nanoblogger I'm having problems when I try to create a new entry. I
      >> keep getting entries like this ... nb -a entry
      >> no weblog directory specified! goodbye.
      >>
      >> Can anyone help me so that i can not have to add the weblog directory
      >> each time that i want to add an entry to my blog please?
      >>
      >> Thanks
      >> Sharon.
      >> --
      >> A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
      >> efever = http://www.efever.blogspot.com/
      >> efever = http://sharon04.livejournal.com/
      >> Debian 6,0.4, Gnome 1:2.30+7, LibreOffice 3.5.0
      >> Registered Linux user 334501

      A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
      Debian 6,0.4, Gnome 1:2.30+7, LibreOffice 3.5.0
      Registered Linux user 334501
    • milk
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5 4:34 AM
        On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 09:58, Sharon Kimble <skimble04@...> wrote:

        I have no BLOG_DIR entry in my blog.conf, but I have resolved the
        issue by first using /home/boztu/blog and thereafter just using 'blog'
        and it works okay.

        But I've found another problem. Before the new install I could just
        use ..... http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/ ........ and it showed up
        okay, now I have to use ......
        http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html ..... before the home page
        displays. But why? I'm puzzled as to whats caused the change.

        That behaviour is dependent on the behaviour of your web server. In apache, this would be the DirectoryIndex. It appears the default names for the index file on your server does not include index.html.