nb -a entry no weblog directory specified! goodbye.

  • Sharon Kimble
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2012
      On a fresh install of debian and subsequent reinstallation of
      nanoblogger I'm having problems when I try to create a new entry. I
      keep getting entries like this ... nb -a entry
      no weblog directory specified! goodbye.

      Can anyone help me so that i can not have to add the weblog directory
      each time that i want to add an entry to my blog please?

      Thanks
      Sharon.
      --
      A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
      Debian 6,0.4, Gnome 1:2.30+7, LibreOffice 3.5.0
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2012
        Hi Sharon,

        Have you tried to set up the BLOG_DIR variable to your default blog
        directory, on your .nb.conf file?

        Like so:

        BLOG_DIR="$HOME/public_html/name_of_the_blog"

        Regards,
        Antonio.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2012
          I have no BLOG_DIR entry in my blog.conf, but I have resolved the
          issue by first using /home/boztu/blog and thereafter just using 'blog'
          and it works okay.

          But I've found another problem. Before the new install I could just
          use ..... http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/ ........ and it showed up
          okay, now I have to use ......
          http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html ..... before the home page
          displays. But why? I'm puzzled as to whats caused the change.

          Thanks
          Sharon.

          On 04/04/2012, Toni <tonifuente@...> wrote:
          > Hi Sharon,
          >
          > Have you tried to set up the BLOG_DIR variable to your default blog
          > directory, on your .nb.conf file?
          >
          > Like so:
          >
          > BLOG_DIR="$HOME/public_html/name_of_the_blog"
          >
          > Regards,
          > Antonio.
          >
          > --- In nanoblogger@yahoogroups.com, Sharon Kimble <skimble04@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> On a fresh install of debian and subsequent reinstallation of
          >> nanoblogger I'm having problems when I try to create a new entry. I
          >> keep getting entries like this ... nb -a entry
          >> no weblog directory specified! goodbye.
          >>
          >> Can anyone help me so that i can not have to add the weblog directory
          >> each time that i want to add an entry to my blog please?
          >>
          >> Thanks
          >> Sharon.
          >> --
          >> A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
          >> efever = http://www.efever.blogspot.com/
          >> efever = http://sharon04.livejournal.com/
          >> Debian 6,0.4, Gnome 1:2.30+7, LibreOffice 3.5.0
          >> Registered Linux user 334501

          A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
          Debian 6,0.4, Gnome 1:2.30+7, LibreOffice 3.5.0
          Registered Linux user 334501
        • milk
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 5, 2012
            On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 09:58, Sharon Kimble <skimble04@...> wrote:

            I have no BLOG_DIR entry in my blog.conf, but I have resolved the
            issue by first using /home/boztu/blog and thereafter just using 'blog'
            and it works okay.

            But I've found another problem. Before the new install I could just
            use ..... http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/ ........ and it showed up
            okay, now I have to use ......
            http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html ..... before the home page
            displays. But why? I'm puzzled as to whats caused the change.

            That behaviour is dependent on the behaviour of your web server. In apache, this would be the DirectoryIndex. It appears the default names for the index file on your server does not include index.html.