Calendar malfunction after upgrade to Debian Squeeze

  • guhoka81@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2011
      Until a couple of days ago, I was using Nanoblogger in conjunction with Debian Lenny, now superseded by Debian Squeeze.

      Since moving to Squeeze, the calendar plugin doesn't work right anymore. Here's the output you'll find on every html page featuring the calendar: http://pastebin.com/qGVK7x1J

      At first I thought this was related to Debian's move to dash as the standard shell. I re-configured /bin/sh to link to /bin/bash instead of /bin/dash, but no luck.

      I moved back to Lenny for now, since I'm not the most technical person/ don't know what the problem is.

      I just thought you'd like to know this, since every problem in Debian is a problem for Ubuntu et al. as well.
    • guhoka81@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14, 2011
        Ok, figured it out:

        I specified CAL_ARGS=-m in blog.conf, so that the calendar week would start with monday. Calling cal with the -m option doesn't work in Squeeze anymore. You will have to use ncal -M to get a similar result. And when I say similar, I mean that ncal has a different layout, and this does not chime well with nanoblogger.

        Your output will look like this:
        Tu Tu We We Th Th Fr Fr Sa Sa Su Su
        April 2011 Mo 4 11 18 25
        Tu 5 12 19 26
        We 6 13 20 27
        Th 7 14 21 28
        Fr 1 8 15 22 29
        Sa 2 9 16 23 30
        Su 3 10 17 24

        So I'm using cal now, without calling any arguments.

        Hope this helps,
        Dan