Broken links deep in the tree.

  • Charles Curley
    Message 1 of 7 , May 28, 2010
      I just had occasion to run "nb update all". Now a lot of the links deep
      in the blog tree are broken. E.g. what should be

      http://www.charlescurley.com/blog/archives/privacy/index.html

      is instead:

      http://www.charlescurley.com/blog/archives/2009/11/archives/privacy/index.html

      For a complete list of link problems:

      http://validator.w3.org/checklink?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.charlescurley.com%2Fblog%2F&summary=on&hide_type=all&recursive=on&depth=&check=Check

      Note that my blog is in a subdirectory under the web root, "blog".

      Thanks.

      --

      Charles Curley /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      Looking for fine software \ / Respect for open standards

      Key fingerprint = CE5C 6645 A45A 64E4 94C0 809C FFF6 4C48 4ECD DFDB
    • Kevin W.
      Message 2 of 7 , May 29, 2010
        Hi Charles,

        Thanks for the bug report. I was able to reproduce this in version 3.4.2.

        Thanks,
        Kevin

      • guhoka81@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 15, 2011
          This can be circumenvented by specifying
          ABSOLUTE_LINKS="1"
          in blog.conf.

          Granted, you use relative links, but at least everything works.

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 15, 2011
            On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 07:13:49 -0000
            guhoka81@... wrote:

            > This can be circumenvented by specifying
            > ABSOLUTE_LINKS="1"
            > in blog.conf.
            >
            > Granted, you use relative links, but at least everything works.

            Thanks. I tried that. Everything seems to work on the main site, but not
            on the backup site or on the staging site. Since I use the latter to
            work with a blog entry in progress, that's rather important.

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 16, 2011
              --- In nanoblogger@yahoogroups.com, Charles Curley <charlescurley@...> wrote:

              > Thanks. I tried that. Everything seems to work on the main site, but not
              > on the backup site or on the staging site. Since I use the latter to
              > work with a blog entry in progress, that's rather important.

              By "not work" you mean you get 404's? Because that's the downside, you won't be able to view new entries (perma/category view) unless you upload the files.

              BTW I create a draft to work on unpublished stuff (nb -b $nanodir draft somefile.txt). You can import it later on. HTH
            • guhoka81@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 16, 2011

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 16, 2011
                  On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 17:43:15 -0000
                  guhoka81@... wrote:

                  > --- In nanoblogger@yahoogroups.com, Charles Curley
                  > <charlescurley@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Thanks. I tried that. Everything seems to work on the main site,
                  > > but not on the backup site or on the staging site. Since I use the
                  > > latter to work with a blog entry in progress, that's rather
                  > > important.
                  > >

                  > By "not work" you mean you get 404's? Because that's the downside,
                  > you won't be able to view new entries (perma/category view) unless
                  > you upload the files.

                  No. When I use absolute URLs, I get URLs with the domain name of the
                  server. If I'm using localhost for my development server, I don't need
                  links to charlescurley.com.