%base_url% and 3.4.2

  • Charles Curley
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4 8:37 PM
      I used %base_url% in a blog entry recently to specify a relative path
      from my blog (at /blog) to some images I use elsewhere on my web site
      (/images). So the link's source looks like:

      src="%base_url%../images/...

      Just now, I upgraded from nb 3.4.1 to 3.4.2. In the process I ran "nb
      update all", per the instructions in the read me. The relative link was
      broken. Instead of getting

      src="./../images

      I got

      src="./../../../images

      To work around the problem, I simply edited the entry. That fixed the
      link. Subsequent "nb update all" commands produced the correct path.

      I didn't check in the archive copy before editing the entry, but the
      link is correct after editing. I also didn't check relative links into
      the blog tree, such as links to past entries.

      --

      Charles Curley /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      Looking for fine software \ / Respect for open standards

      Key fingerprint = CE5C 6645 A45A 64E4 94C0 809C FFF6 4C48 4ECD DFDB
    • softer_3d
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2011
        Thats great, I've been struggling with that problem for a while. Thanks for posting- what does the "%" signify?

        a5'

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 19 7:34 AM
          Hi,

          just wondering if anyone knows what the "%" signifies in "%base_url%" I have looked through the bash, sh and builtin man pages but never was able to tease out the meaning, for my understanding.

          Is it interpreted by bash, tidy or html?

          Is it a shell command?

          thanks,

          softer.