Re: [nanoblogger] Re: remote NB sites?

  • Christian Herenz
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 3, 2009
      Charles Curley schrieb:

      >> BLOG_PUBLISH_CMD="rsync -av --delete <blogdir>
      >> user@...:./blogdirectory/"
      >>
      >> <blogdir> is your local directory
      >> user is your username
      >> bloghost.com is me aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd in your example
      >> ./blogdirectory/ is the directory you normaly cd to...
      >>

      > Of course, that won't use ssh.

      /It does! I have only ssh-access to my site.

      Greetz,
      Christian
      /
    • Stefan Krauth
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 4, 2009
        * Christian Herenz schrieb:
        > Charles Curley schrieb:
        > >
        > >> BLOG_PUBLISH_CMD="rsync -av --delete <blogdir>
        > >> user@...:./blogdirectory/"
        > >>
        > >> <blogdir> is your local directory
        > >> user is your username
        > >> bloghost.com is me aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd in your example
        > >> ./blogdirectory/ is the directory you normaly cd to...
        > >
        > > Of course, that won't use ssh.
        > >
        > /It does! I have only ssh-access to my site.

        No it connects to remote rsyncd directly. You have to add -rsh=ssh than it
        connects through ssh.

        Best Regards,
        Stefan
      • Stefan Krauth
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 4, 2009
          * Stefan Krauth schrieb:
          > No it connects to remote rsyncd directly. You have to add -rsh=ssh than it
          > connects through ssh.

          Sorry, double dash. --rsa=ssh

          You can also set env variable RSYNC_CONNECT_PROG. Please check the manpage.
          There is everything explained (some with examples).

          Best Regards,
          Stefan
        • Adrian Tritschler
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 7, 2009
            2009/10/1 Charles Curley <charlescurley@...>:
            > On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 19:32:00 +0200
            > Christian Herenz <herenz@...-berlin.de> wrote:

            >> > I'm not exactly clear on how to do this with ssh. I normally enter
            >> > something like "ssh -p 5555 -l me aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd" and then I have
            >> > to cd a few directories down. How is this done withing the
            >> > blog.conf file?
            >> >

            >> havent you read my mail?
            >
            > I haven't. I don't see it on the list.
            >

            >> put this in your blog.conf:
            >>
            >> BLOG_PUBLISH_CMD="rsync -av --delete <blogdir>
            >> user@...:./blogdirectory/"
            >>
            >> <blogdir> is your local directory
            >> user is your username
            >> bloghost.com is me aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd in your example
            >> ./blogdirectory/ is the directory you normaly cd to...
            >
            > Of course, that won't use ssh.
            >
            > Here is what I use in my make file to use ssh and exclude directories
            > and files that I don't want on the server. This should be all one line.
            > It assumes you are running it from the root of the web site.
            >
            > rsync -va --exclude '*~' --exclude Makefile --exclude "*.txt" --exclude
            > "*.def" --exclude .git --exclude .gitignore --exclude blog/blog.conf
            > --exclude blog/tidy.log --exclude blog/examples --exclude blog/cache
            > --exclude blog/parts --exclude blog/data --exclude blog/templates
            > --exclude blog/cache --delete --delete-excluded -e ssh .
            > <server fqnd>:<path>

            With that many excludes I'd suggest putting them in a separate file
            and using rsync's
            "--exclude-from=FILE" switch.

            Man pages are wonderful things.

            --
            Adrian
          • Charles Curley
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 7, 2009
              On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 11:15:47 +1100
              Adrian Tritschler <Adrian.Tritschler@...> wrote:

              > 2009/10/1 Charles Curley <charlescurley@...>:

              > > Here is what I use in my make file to use ssh and exclude
              > > directories and files that I don't want on the server. This should
              > > be all one line. It assumes you are running it from the root of the
              > > web site.
              > >
              > > rsync -va --exclude '*~' --exclude Makefile --exclude "*.txt"
              > > --exclude "*.def" --exclude .git --exclude .gitignore --exclude
              > > blog/blog.conf --exclude blog/tidy.log --exclude blog/examples
              > > --exclude blog/cache --exclude blog/parts --exclude blog/data
              > > --exclude blog/templates --exclude blog/cache --delete
              > > --delete-excluded -e ssh . <server fqnd>:<path>
              >
              > With that many excludes I'd suggest putting them in a separate file
              > and using rsync's
              > "--exclude-from=FILE" switch.

              Good idea, and it's been on my list of Things To Do for a while.

              --

              Charles Curley /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
              Looking for fine software \ / Respect for open standards

              Key fingerprint = CE5C 6645 A45A 64E4 94C0 809C FFF6 4C48 4ECD DFDB
            • Christian Herenz
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 13, 2009
                Stefan Krauth schrieb:
                >> No it connects to remote rsyncd directly. You have to add -rsh=ssh than it
                >> connects through ssh.
                >>

                > Sorry, double dash. --rsa=ssh
                >
                > You can also set env variable RSYNC_CONNECT_PROG. Please check the manpage.
                > There is everything explained (some with examples).
                >
                > Best Regards,
                > Stefan

                Ah... Interesting! I did not know that they had rsync installed at my
                site, but actually they have. I always assumed (incorrectly) that my
                local rsync automagically uses ssh.

                Greets,
                Christian