relative path fixup

  • Charles Curley
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2009
      I have some articles in my blog (http://www.charlescurley.com/blog).
      Since they don't get into the RSS feed, I also made a short entry
      describing and linking to them. The source looks like so:

      <li><a href="articles/free_software_and_freedom/index.html">Free
      Software and Freedom</a>: the connection between free software and
      freedom.</li>

      The relative links are fine for the main page. But in the archived
      version of the entry, the relative links are broken. Is there a way to
      automate fixing those links to work correctly?

      --

      Charles Curley /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      Looking for fine software \ / Respect for open standards

      Key fingerprint = CE5C 6645 A45A 64E4 94C0 809C FFF6 4C48 4ECD DFDB
    • Charles Curley
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2009
        On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 11:19:58 -0600
        Charles Curley <charlescurley@...> wrote:

        > I have some articles in my blog (http://www.charlescurley.com/blog).
        > Since they don't get into the RSS feed, I also made a short entry
        > describing and linking to them. The source looks like so:
        >
        > <li><a href="articles/free_software_and_freedom/index.html">Free
        > Software and Freedom</a>: the connection between free software and
        > freedom.</li>
        >
        > The relative links are fine for the main page. But in the archived
        > version of the entry, the relative links are broken. Is there a way to
        > automate fixing those links to work correctly?

        Ask and ye shall receive: use %base_url%, like so:

        <li><a
        href="%base_url%articles/free_software_and_freedom/index.html">Free
        Software and Freedom</a>: the connection between free software and
        freedom.</li>

        Thanks for reading, anyway.