new learning files...

  • patk_206
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2009
      I discovered a great site with all sort of ukulele.. 'How to's'... give a few days to catch up from my trips down the coast.. and I'll put them all in a folder.

      On my travels this summer.. I went to Sun Meadows in Idaho, Laguna Del Sol out side of Sacramento, and Lupin in Los Gatos. Didn't even get burned even though it was hot hot hot. Then I attended Kalama Days in washington state (north of Vancouver WA)... and burned my wonderfully tanned head to lobster color.

      Kalama Days is something to check out... it is the celebration of the joining of both the Hawaiian and NW indian cultures. John Kalama was a Hawaiian on the first boat from Hawaii to land on the mainland shores, which landed at Aloha WA along the Columbia River. He later married an Nisqually indian girl... moved north to where the city in now... and the town and the river is named after him. And all this time I thought Kalama was an indian name.

      http://www.cityofkalama.com/history.htm