140NAAFA-Clark County Chapter Website Launch

  • naafa_pr
    Jan 9, 2014

      NAAFA-Clark County Chapter Website Launch

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

      January 9, 2013

      Las Vegas, NV – The NAAFA-Clark County Chapter is pleased to announce the launch of their new website at www.naafa-cc.org.   The website includes information about the chapter, an announcement of the inaugural meeting and the projects proposed to be executed for the NAAFA-CC chapter.

      The Clark County Chapter of NAAFA includes Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson. It is the intent of the chapter to work on projects to support the local size-acceptance community and the valley community at large. Examples of this are engaging members in working on projects such as the local End Bullying Now Campaign; the Size Savvy Project which is a list of size-friendly businesses; a list of Size-Positive Healthcare Providers; and other projects and events.  We aim to put our beliefs into action within our community.

      You may also request to be a member of the NAAFA-Clark County (NV) group on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1430161773883856/ to keep abreast of any announcements or upcoming events that are open to the public.

      Founded in 1969, NAAFA is a non-profit human rights organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for fat people. NAAFA works to eliminate discrimination based on body size and provide fat people with the tools for self-empowerment through public education, advocacy, and member support.

      On the web:  http://www.naafa-cc.org

                               http://www.naafa.org

      For more information contact:

      Peggy Howell, Public Relations Director, NAAFA

      e-mail:  pr@...

      phone:  916-558-6880