135Good Samaritan Setting the Example: End Bullying Now!
- Sep 9, 2013Good Samaritan Setting the Example: End Bullying Now!FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASESeptember 9, 2013Foster City, CA – NAAFA's END BULLYING NOW Campaign, commends former Marine, Wen Jones of Florida for his bravery and for doing what should be done. Mr. Jones has set the example for every one of us who may witness an act of bullying. When Jones witnessed three men bullying a 14 year old boy on Florida's Juno Beach, he stepped in to stop the attack. The cost was personal pain and suffering as Jones was beaten unconscious by the bullies, but he is the stuff of which heroes are made. "You know doing the right thing is always the right thing," stated Wen Jones.Bullying Statistics:· 1 in 4 kids are bullied· 2.7 million students are bullied each year
Bullying is no longer exclusive to children and their peers on a playground. There are no innocent by-standers. It is time for us to speak up, stand up and put an end to bullying NOW!The End Bullying Now Campaign incorporates all-volunteer teams working with schools, communities and likeminded organizations to change the bullying climate both in and out of playground. To learn more about NAAFA’s End Bullying Now Campaign, write to Peggy Howell at pr@... to learn how you can become involved and bring this program to your community. “Like” our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/EndBullyingNow.naafaThe END BULLYING NOW Campaign is a program of NAAFA, a non-profit human rights organization working to eliminate discrimination based on body size and provide tools for self-empowerment through public education, advocacy, and member support.For more information, contact:Peggy Howell, Public Relations Director, NAAFAEmail: pr@...Phone: (916)558-6880
- 56% of students have witnessed a bullying crime
- Playground school bullying statistics:
- Every 7 minutes a child is bullied
- No intervention - 85%
- << Previous post in topic