Eric Stuff

  • David
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 22, 2011
      Hey All,

      A couple of updates from Eric:

      Sputins,
      I asked him about the voice recorder, and he said "No volumetric objects right now." As for the donations, he wants everything sent to general delivery for the moment. If you are to get the PRC-47 for him as a donation, he said to have it shipped to San Luis Obispo. I'll email you the address in a little bit.

      @All,
      Eric really wants to get a hub set up for deliveries (money orders, books, etc). This is a difficult thing to arrange since none of us on here really know each other and there is bound to be disagreement on where the central hub will be. The best option will be the place that Eric is going to stay for the winter in San Luis Obispo. I will contact the owner of the property and see if he is okay with having Eric's mail sent there.

      Eric suggested more authors to study. He said look up the work of Helmholtz, "Sensations of Tone" (This seems to give insight into Eric's understanding of the music/electric relation) and that Helmholtz gave the equations for longitudinal transmission. Also Tesla liked Helmholtz. He also said to study everything by J.J. Thomson, especially "Experimental Researches into Electricity and Magnetism" (The only thing that I could find was "Elements of the mathematical theory of electricity and magnetism", maybe this is what he meant?).

      Eric said that it is COLD this time of the year in the desert. He runs his car constantly to stay warm. If you can afford to help him out, he is still accepting donations at Lone Pine general delivery. However, he will be leaving at the beginning of December so be mindful of the date when you donate. I'll verify the San Luis Obispo address soon.

      Dave
    • J
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 22, 2011
        Thanks Dave for the update,

        Eric may be referring to this book by Thompson:"Notes On Recent Researches In Electricity And Magnetism" , Intended As A Sequel To Professor Clerk-maxwell's 'treatise On Electricity And Magnetism'

        It's available at http://www.amazon.com/

        --- In n6kph@yahoogroups.com, "David" <web000x@...> wrote:

        > Hey All,
        >
        > A couple of updates from Eric:
        >
        > Sputins,
        > I asked him about the voice recorder, and he said "No volumetric objects right now." As for the donations, he wants everything sent to general delivery for the moment. If you are to get the PRC-47 for him as a donation, he said to have it shipped to San Luis Obispo. I'll email you the address in a little bit.
        >
        > @All,
        > Eric really wants to get a hub set up for deliveries (money orders, books, etc). This is a difficult thing to arrange since none of us on here really know each other and there is bound to be disagreement on where the central hub will be. The best option will be the place that Eric is going to stay for the winter in San Luis Obispo. I will contact the owner of the property and see if he is okay with having Eric's mail sent there.
        >
        > Eric suggested more authors to study. He said look up the work of Helmholtz, "Sensations of Tone" (This seems to give insight into Eric's understanding of the music/electric relation) and that Helmholtz gave the equations for longitudinal transmission. Also Tesla liked Helmholtz. He also said to study everything by J.J. Thomson, especially "Experimental Researches into Electricity and Magnetism" (The only thing that I could find was "Elements of the mathematical theory of electricity and magnetism", maybe this is what he meant?).
        >
        > Eric said that it is COLD this time of the year in the desert. He runs his car constantly to stay warm. If you can afford to help him out, he is still accepting donations at Lone Pine general delivery. However, he will be leaving at the beginning of December so be mindful of the date when you donate. I'll verify the San Luis Obispo address soon.
        >
        > Dave

      • Jgendoa
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 22, 2011
          Hello All,

          Eric seems to be avoiding me like the plague these days, so I'd like to
          turn ownership of this group over to either Dave, who is doing the
          typing & posting to the E.F., or to whomever Eric will be staying with
          in San Louis Obispo. Let me know what y'all think.

          There's nothing to it. The group is currently set up for open
          enrollment, but the owner can change that to require "approval" for
          membership if he wishes. So far there had been no need to boot anyone
          off or moderate anyone's posts for "bad behavior."

          Cheers,
          Drew
        • Raui Searle
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 22, 2011
            Save yourself from buying these books which are in public domain. Here is a copy of the book J is referring to freely avaliable online;
            http://ia600204.us.archive.org/13/items/notesonrecentre02thomgoog/notesonrecentre02thomgoog.pdf

            Thanks very much for the update Dave.
            Raui

            --- In n6kph@yahoogroups.com, "J" <whosjr7@...> wrote:

            > Thanks Dave for the update,
            >
            > Eric may be referring to this book by Thompson:"Notes On Recent Researches In Electricity And Magnetism" , Intended As A Sequel To Professor Clerk-maxwell's 'treatise On Electricity And Magnetism'
            >
            > It's available at http://www.amazon.com/
            >
            > --- In n6kph@yahoogroups.com, "David" <web000x@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hey All,
            > >
            > > A couple of updates from Eric:
            > >
            > > Sputins,
            > > I asked him about the voice recorder, and he said "No volumetric objects right now." As for the donations, he wants everything sent to general delivery for the moment. If you are to get the PRC-47 for him as a donation, he said to have it shipped to San Luis Obispo. I'll email you the address in a little bit.
            > >
            > > @All,
            > > Eric really wants to get a hub set up for deliveries (money orders, books, etc). This is a difficult thing to arrange since none of us on here really know each other and there is bound to be disagreement on where the central hub will be. The best option will be the place that Eric is going to stay for the winter in San Luis Obispo. I will contact the owner of the property and see if he is okay with having Eric's mail sent there.
            > >
            > > Eric suggested more authors to study. He said look up the work of Helmholtz, "Sensations of Tone" (This seems to give insight into Eric's understanding of the music/electric relation) and that Helmholtz gave the equations for longitudinal transmission. Also Tesla liked Helmholtz. He also said to study everything by J.J. Thomson, especially "Experimental Researches into Electricity and Magnetism" (The only thing that I could find was "Elements of the mathematical theory of electricity and magnetism", maybe this is what he meant?).
            > >
            > > Eric said that it is COLD this time of the year in the desert. He runs his car constantly to stay warm. If you can afford to help him out, he is still accepting donations at Lone Pine general delivery. However, he will be leaving at the beginning of December so be mindful of the date when you donate. I'll verify the San Luis Obispo address soon.
            > >
            > > Dave

          • Raui Searle
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 22, 2011
              Thanks for everything you've done Drew.

              Raui

              --- In n6kph@yahoogroups.com, Jgendoa <jgendoa@...> wrote:

              > Hello All,
              >
              > Eric seems to be avoiding me like the plague these days, so I'd like to
              > turn ownership of this group over to either Dave, who is doing the
              > typing & posting to the E.F., or to whomever Eric will be staying with
              > in San Louis Obispo. Let me know what y'all think.
              >
              > There's nothing to it. The group is currently set up for open
              > enrollment, but the owner can change that to require "approval" for
              > membership if he wishes. So far there had been no need to boot anyone
              > off or moderate anyone's posts for "bad behavior."
              >
              > Cheers,
              > Drew

            • David
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 22, 2011
                I'm sorry that he is being that way. He told me that he doesn't interact well with humans so don't feel bad, and thank you for all you have done.

                I don't care either way. As long as we're all being civil, there is no need to take any action. However, if you don't plan on frequenting this group often, I don't mind to carry it nor do I mind if you give it to the San Luis Obispo resident.

                Dave