Re: [mythsoc ]Discussions

  • Jerome J. Schultz II
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 1999
      At 01:55 PM 2/23/99 -0500, you wrote:
      >From: mwinslow@...
      [snip]
      > Next, I'd like to put forth a proposal for the mythsoc list. As most (all?)
      >of you know, one of the main activities of the Mythopoeic Society is the
      >discussion group. However, not everyone is able to participate in those
      >discussion groups -- for various reasons. And so in my recent befuddlement,
      >I was thinking, "what about having a discussion group on the mythsoc list?"
      >I'm on a coupl'a other lists that do this and when there are enough people
      >interested, it works quite well with very little need for administration.
      [snip]
      > Any thoughts? Takers?

      I would enjoy participating in a discussion group, I belong to several.
      Having to read a particular book or voting on a particular book to read
      each month could become confusing. Can't there be several threads or
      discussion taking place at the same time? A person or list member could
      participate in, lurk on, or ignore whatever threads they want.

      The main reason I joined this list is I enjoy the works of Tolkien and
      other science fiction and fantasy literature. Maybe I just might want to
      hear what others have to say and chime in when I have something
      constructive to add?

      Jerry Schultz