Re:

  • Joe R. Christopher
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2003
      >Message: 3
      > Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:01:11 EDT
      > From: Stolzi@...
      >Subject: Re: Re:
      >
      >Thank you, Joe.
      >
      >I believe Walker was at one time the head of a "CS Lewis Institute" based in
      >England, was he not?
      >
      >Diamond Proudbrook

      Yes. More specifically, The C. S. Lewis Centre for the Study of Religion
      and Modernity (begun in 1987). (The C. S. Lewis Centre, 47 Bedford Squre,
      London WC1B 3DP--if it still exists.) Walker was listed as the Director in
      the back of the book I mentioned, _A Christian for All Christians: Essays
      in Honour of C. S. Lewis_. The Centre produced at least six books, two of
      them on Lewis, all published by Hodder and Stoughton. The editors of _A
      Christian for All Christians_ were Walker and James Patrick--the latter,
      who wrote a book on _The Magdalen Metaphysicals_, heads a liberal
      arts/religious college in Fort Worth (I have met him once).

      --Joe