RE: [mythsoc] Audio Books: Read or Listen?

  • dianejoy@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 16, 2003
      I'm partially sighted myself, and so rely on my single eye; I seldom use
      large print, either. Yes, the nose is probably touching the page, but I
      don't care! I suspect if I lost my sight, I'd rely heavily on audio books;
      I've never learned Braille. I tried voice recognition technology once;
      it's very strange. I couldn't seem to get the computer to understand what
      I was saying. I remember the fragment: "Once upon a time . . . " It
      spelled out something totally different.

      I just didn't know the proper terminology for audio books. Thanks for the
      clues. ---djb