Re: [mythsoc] Audio books: read or listen? (was Digest Number 1333)

  • dianejoy@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2003
      At the risk of sounding like an utter pedant (which it's quite possible for
      me to be!) is it strictly correct to speak of "reading" an audio book? It
      seems that what you're doing is "listening" to it. I haven't listened to
      many audio books; a series of *Star Wars* short stories in someone else's
      car once is all the experience I've had, so I may be completely wrong WRT
      terminology or even the experience of audio books. To me, "reading" is an
      entirely different experience than listening; reading's much more total
      and requires all of my attention. Please advise. ---djb