RE: Re: [mythsoc] readings aloud (was A comment ...)

  • Mari Dole
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15 10:28 AM
      I Absolutely agree David. A friend gave the John Cleese reading to me
      for Christmas one year, and I immediately read the whole thing. Much
      better than the Talking Books version.

      Mari

      This one is absolutely marvelous. Cleese's pompous, biting style is
      absolutely perfect for the persona of Screwtape. He brings the book
      alive far more for me than any silent reading ever did. Just listening
      to him say "Your affectionate uncle, Screwtape," at the end of each
      letter is worth the price.

      It is abridged: one (or two?) letter(s) have been omitted.

      - David Bratman

      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/