Re: Speaking of Narnia Lamp Posts

  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 24, 1999
      At 07:31 PM 12/23/1999 EST, Stolzi@... wrote:
      >From: Stolzi@...
      >
      >In a message dated 12/23/99 2:39:28 PM Central Standard Time,
      >lisa@... writes:
      >
      >> Someone thought Marli
      >> was a made up name and Nachoma was an American Indian Name. They are both
      >> biblical
      >
      >Can we have meanings or derivations, and the place in the Scriptures?

      I don't have any of the original research available right now, so I just did
      a web search. Marli is a variant of Marily which means bitter. Nachoma is a
      variant of Nechama which means comfort. Some variant of both is found in the
      Old Testament according to a better scholar than me in all this. The problem
      with Hebrew is they don't write down the vowels and the vowels change over
      time. Both are legitimate variations. That's what I know and I'm sticking to it.

      Lisa
    • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 25, 1999
        Thanks, Lisa!