Big Read

  • Jane Bigelow
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2003
      If I count everything, including books I read Many Years Ago and remember
      only vaguely, I count 41 that I've read. There are also several books
      whose titles mean nothing to me; I clearly haven't been keeping up. I
      haven't checked the publication dates, but I have the impression of large
      time gaps in this list. There are several 19th century classics, then a
      leap to the middle of the twentieth century, then another jump to things
      published in the last decade or so.

      It isn't a literary list, and doesn't pretend to be. It is interesting,
      though. Bridget Jones' Diary and Anna Karenina? What a pair. BTW, I
      recall enjoying _Katherine_, though I certainly wouldn't have called it a
      classic.

      Jane