Re: [mythsoc] Mythcon Sites

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 1 7:44 PM
      In a message dated 8/1/2003 7:37:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
      bernip@... writes:

      > I'm not much of a drinker myself, but I know some
      > people enjoy having beer or wine in the evening.

      We've had "dry" Mythcons before - I think of Pepperdine - and many others
      where wine was only served at the Banquet. And several folks went to watering
      holes a few blocks off the campus (not possible at Pepperdine, I seem to
      remember).

      Perhaps I should clarify for those who were not there - =we= made no rule as
      to children, but Scarritt-Bennett's rules stated that children under 16 (not
      13) should be with a parent at all times.

      I found three children disobeying this rule by vigorously marching in a line
      across the campus, one of them playing an ocarina. I did not see anyone
      hastening to arrest them, and in fact I joyfully joined the procession myself since
      I was going in the same direction. I think the ocarina-player was not
      subject to S-B rules anyway, as belonging iirc to Greg Feeley who was not staying at
      the Center.

      Diamond Proudbrook

    • Croft, Janet B
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 4 6:47 AM
        I couldn't find anything on their website about it, but I was there for a
        library training session back in about 1995 or so, and the faculty (or maybe
        just the theology faculty?) were wearing robes then. Maybe they've changed
        since. Their website is http://www.sewanee.edu/ <http://www.sewanee.edu/> ,
        and a virtual campus tour at http://admission.sewanee.edu/tour/777.html
        <http://admission.sewanee.edu/tour/777.html> will show you how beautiful
        the campus is. The drive up and down the plateau is ... nerve-racking.
        Steep hairpin curves, anyone??

        Janet Croft