Re: [mythsoc] Mythcon Sites

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 1, 2003
      From: "Croft, Janet B" <jbcroft@...>

      > I've been to Sewanee, and it's a gorgeous campus. And if I remember
      > correctly, the faculty are required to wear robes!

      Shades of Hogwarts!

      Berni
    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 1, 2003
        In a message dated 8/1/2003 7:37:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
        bernip@... writes:

        > I'm not much of a drinker myself, but I know some
        > people enjoy having beer or wine in the evening.

        We've had "dry" Mythcons before - I think of Pepperdine - and many others
        where wine was only served at the Banquet. And several folks went to watering
        holes a few blocks off the campus (not possible at Pepperdine, I seem to
        remember).

        Perhaps I should clarify for those who were not there - =we= made no rule as
        to children, but Scarritt-Bennett's rules stated that children under 16 (not
        13) should be with a parent at all times.

        I found three children disobeying this rule by vigorously marching in a line
        across the campus, one of them playing an ocarina. I did not see anyone
        hastening to arrest them, and in fact I joyfully joined the procession myself since
        I was going in the same direction. I think the ocarina-player was not
        subject to S-B rules anyway, as belonging iirc to Greg Feeley who was not staying at
        the Center.

        Diamond Proudbrook

      • Croft, Janet B
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 4, 2003
          I couldn't find anything on their website about it, but I was there for a
          library training session back in about 1995 or so, and the faculty (or maybe
          just the theology faculty?) were wearing robes then. Maybe they've changed
          since. Their website is http://www.sewanee.edu/ <http://www.sewanee.edu/> ,
          and a virtual campus tour at http://admission.sewanee.edu/tour/777.html
          <http://admission.sewanee.edu/tour/777.html> will show you how beautiful
          the campus is. The drive up and down the plateau is ... nerve-racking.
          Steep hairpin curves, anyone??

          Janet Croft

          > correctly, the faculty are required to wear robes!

          Nonono, Janet, that was Hogwarts.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3625325.4914071.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050202
          27:HM/A=1695348/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/hit?page=1