More Mythcon Pictures

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 1, 2003
      Stolzi@... wrote:

      > But Joan, I thought you =liked= the movie!

      As Susan said, that doesn't mean I don't also enjoy satires of a movie.
      I do running commentary on movies I watch--at home--all the time,
      whether I enjoy the movie or not.

      Joan
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 1, 2003
        In a message dated 8/1/2003 11:24:14 AM Central Daylight Time,
        dbratman@... writes:

        > Was it Emily who started that? I couldn't remember.

        I have son John's word upon that.

        Diamond Proudbrook

      • Berni Phillips
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 1, 2003
          From: "Croft, Janet B" <jbcroft@...>

          > Well, Amazon lists it as available for purchase in hardcover. That may or
          > may not mean it actually IS available. I don't particularly want to waste
          > my money finding out (although I would take a look at it if I could get it
          > on ILL, but only one of the libraries listed is someone we could borrow
          > from).
          >
          > JBC

          It'd be nice if there were some consistency in this. I had pre-ordered a
          book from Amazon. I got a notice from them that it was not coming out after
          all -- the same week that other people saw the book in stores. I bought the
          book at Barnes & Noble.

          (The book, BTW, was the best book of essays on Buffy that I've seen so far.
          It's _Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Philosophy: Fear and Trembling in
          Sunnydale_, part of a series on various aspects of pop culture and
          philosophy. B&N shelved it in their philosophy section. The other Buffy
          essay books are too political for my tastes.)

          Berni
          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 2, 2003
            In a message dated 8/1/2003 12:23:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            dbratman@... writes:

            > What really stretched Tolkien to make him fit a framework
            > was the abortive attempt at a "Leadership secrets of LOTR" book, which
            > fortunately was never published.

            Now, _The Leadership Secrets of Sauron_ or _The Leadership Secrets of
            Saruman_, that would make a plausible management book.

          • Berni Phillips
            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 2, 2003
              From: <WendellWag@...>

              > Now, _The Leadership Secrets of Sauron_ or _The Leadership Secrets of
              > Saruman_, that would make a plausible management book.

              "Lesson 1: Never give a minion an even break."

              Berni