Re: Charles Williams & the Golden Dawn

  • stagh0rn
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 22, 2003
      That sounds roughly accurate. CW was in Waite's group- the FRC -
      which was opposed to the other branch, the more infamous one.

      Yes, indeed there has been discussion of this point on coinherence -

      Cheers.

      DDD

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, David Lenander <d-lena@u...> wrote:
      > Bernadette Bosky has presented a couple of papers at Mythcon on
      Williams, inclduding a
      > comprehensive run-down of his association with the Golden Dawn
      movement. If I recall, he was
      > never actually a member of the Golden Dawn, but of the Order of the
      Rosy Cross, which was a
      > splinter group of a splinter group of the GD. Or something like
      that. Bernadette covered a
      > blackboard with a family tree of the Golden Dawn Groups, which put
      Chuck on an opposite
      > branch completely from Aleister Crowley ( as you might imagine).
    • herenistarion
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 22, 2003
        I am very interested in this topic, and thanks for the link, if
        anyone has any thoughts on if/how CW's views may or may not have
        influenced Tolkien please share them. I have read that Tolkien was
        diametrically opposed in view to CW, but am looking to see if CW's
        views may or may not have influenced Tolkien's writings
        Anthony