Goblet of Fire

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2003
      ...and I just finished Goblet of Fire.

      Those who have read Order of the Phoenix have said that Harry is angry
      and irritable in that novel, as if that's something he's never done
      before. Harry is plenty angry and irritable in Goblet of Fire, so I am a
      bit puzzled as to why "Phoenix" readers seem surprised.

      Also, the reason that Harry stays with the Dursleys (because Dumbledore
      worked a spell making it difficult to impossible for Voldemort to get
      him if he's living with relatives) is in Goblet of Fire. Again,
      "Phoenix" readers seem to be claiming that the explanation of why Harry
      is with the Dursleys is something that they haven't seen before.

      It was a pleasant read, but I can wait until "Phoenix" is in paperback
      to read that (i.e. I don't feel an urgent need to go out and read
      "Phoenix" right away.)

      Joan
      Joan Marie Verba
      verba001@...
    • Larry Swain
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 20, 2003
        <BR><BR>----- Original Message -----<BR>From: Joan Marie Verba <verba001@...><BR>Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 15:30:30 -0500<BR>To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com<BR>Subject: [mythsoc] Goblet of Fire<BR><BR><html><body>

        <tt>
        ...and I just finished Goblet of Fire. <BR>
        <BR>
        Those who have read Order of the Phoenix have said that Harry is angry<BR>
        and irritable in that novel, as if that's something he's never done<BR>
        before. Harry is plenty angry and irritable in Goblet of Fire, so I am a<BR>
        bit puzzled as to why "Phoenix" readers seem surprised.<BR>
        <BR>
        Also, the reason that Harry stays with the Dursleys (because Dumbledore<BR>
        worked a spell making it difficult to impossible for Voldemort to get<BR>
        him if he's living with relatives) is in Goblet of Fire. Again,<BR>
        "Phoenix" readers seem to be claiming that the explanation of why Harry<BR>
        is with the Dursleys is something that they haven't seen before.<BR>
        <BR>
        It was a pleasant read, but I can wait until "Phoenix" is in paperback<BR>
        to read that (i.e. I don't feel an urgent need to go out and read<BR>
        "Phoenix" right away.)<BR>
        <BR>
        Joan<BR>

        What in the Goblet of Fire on both of these questions is mentioned or makes a brief scene is explored in a deeper way in Phoenix.

        Larry Swain
        http://www.operamail.com
        Get OperaMail Premium today - USD 29.99/year