New York Tolkien Society @ MythCon

  • herenistarion
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16 10:24 AM
      Dear Friends,
      The New York Tolkien Society's own CoChair Jessica Burke will be
      presenting "Myth,Fear, and Fantasy: The Function of Lord of the Rings
      in Society", at 3pm on Friday of the event. We also will be offering
      a few specials at our table.
      1)For all attendee who register to become a member at MythCon will be
      entered into a drawing for the New Line Cinema Limited edition Return
      of the King Calendar.
      2) The New York Tolkien Society is responsible for the academic
      programming for December's Gathering of the Fellowship event.
      www.tolkiengathering.com we will also be holding a drawing for 2 full
      memberships to the 3 day event.

      Come and visit us, we look forward to meeting you all!
      In Fellowship,
      Anthony S Burdge
      Chairman Heren Istarion: New York Tolkien Society
      www.herenistarion.org
    • Pauline J. Alama
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 21 5:49 PM
        There IS a New York Tolkien Society??? Where?
        Pauline Alama PJAlama@...

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "herenistarion" <herenistarion@y...>
        wrote:
        > Dear Friends,
        > The New York Tolkien Society's own CoChair Jessica Burke will be
        > presenting "Myth,Fear, and Fantasy: The Function of Lord of the
        Rings
        > in Society", at 3pm on Friday of the event. We also will be
        offering
        > a few specials at our table.
        > 1)For all attendee who register to become a member at MythCon will
        be
        > entered into a drawing for the New Line Cinema Limited edition
        Return
        > of the King Calendar.
        > 2) The New York Tolkien Society is responsible for the academic
        > programming for December's Gathering of the Fellowship event.
        > www.tolkiengathering.com we will also be holding a drawing for 2
        full
        > memberships to the 3 day event.
        >
        > Come and visit us, we look forward to meeting you all!
        > In Fellowship,
        > Anthony S Burdge
        > Chairman Heren Istarion: New York Tolkien Society
        > www.herenistarion.org
      • herenistarion
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 22 6:28 AM
          In New York...;-) www.herenistarion.org, we will have a table with
          loads of info and alot of fun things,
          1) For all attendees who sign up for a membership to Heren Istarion
          will be entered into a drawing for the Limited Edtion New Line Cinema
          ROTK Calendar.
          2)We are providing the academic programming (come to our table for
          details) at December's Gathering of The Fellowship event
          www.tolkiengathering.com, and we will be holding a drawing for 2 full
          memberships to the event, see www.herenistarion.org or
          www.tolkiengathering.com for details
          3)Our cochair (and my fiance ;-)) will be presenting "Myth,Fear and
          Fantasy:The function of LOTR in society"
          and much more...
          Anthony

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Pauline J. Alama" <PJAlama@e...>