For Mythcon34 Fabriholics!

  • Janet Croft
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16 7:08 AM
      Fabric-lovers attending Mythcon34 in Nashville may be interested in a
      visit to legendary Sirs Fabrics in Fayetteville, about 1.5 hours south
      of the city.

      Sirs is a family-owned store where you can find incredible bargains.
      It's in two buildings in downtown Fayetteville, a charming small town.
      The first building has bridal and dressmaker fabircs, patterns, trims,
      quilting cottons, drapery-weight decorator fabrics, and better decorator
      lines like Waverly. Across the street you can find heavier-weight
      upholstery fabrics and trims, and bargain bags of miscellaneous fabrics.
      I've found pieces of $50 a yard tapestry, big enough for a vest or
      bodice, for under $5 a yard. If you're planning a wedding or a
      decorating project, or like to sew medieval and renaissance costumes,
      it's worth the trip. One quirk: they don't take credit cards. But out
      of state checks are okay.

      I plan to go Friday morning before Mythcon starts. If you want to join
      me, or if you'd like directions so you can go on your own another time
      (they are open 9-5:30 Monday-Saturday), please contact me off-list.

      Janet Brennan Croft
      Head of Access Services
      University of Oklahoma
      Bizzell Library NW104
      Norman OK 73019
      405-325-1918
      fax 405-325-7618
      jbcroft@...
      http://libraries.ou.edu/
      There are some laws ... that are coded into the very nature of the
      universe, and one is: There Is Never Enough Shelf Space.

      Terry Pratchett, The Science of Discworld II: The Globe