Re: [mythsoc] Re: Not quite 10 and not quite fantasy

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3 4:42 PM
      > At 8 I loved D'Aulaires Book of Greek Myths. Great retellings and great
      > drawings.

      That's still in print, you'll be pleased to learn. Our kids
      literally read the (large-format) paperback to pieces, so we got
      a hardcover, and I proclaimed it to be mine. >>

      Don't stop with the Greek Myths either. I discovered that book in like 2nd
      grade, and there is also a Norse Gods and Giants in the same wonderful
      format, as well as a cool book called Leif the Lucky (which I only
      discovered recently but we have a copy) and probably others.

      Lizzie Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia