Re: [mythsoc] Re: Not quite 10 and not quite fantasy

  • Margaret Dean
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2003
      Liz Milner wrote:

      > At 8 I loved D'Aulaires Book of Greek Myths. Great retellings and great
      > drawings.

      That's still in print, you'll be pleased to learn. Our kids
      literally read the (large-format) paperback to pieces, so we got
      a hardcover, and I proclaimed it to be mine.

      --Margaret Dean
      <margdean@...>
    • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2003
        > At 8 I loved D'Aulaires Book of Greek Myths. Great retellings and great
        > drawings.

        That's still in print, you'll be pleased to learn. Our kids
        literally read the (large-format) paperback to pieces, so we got
        a hardcover, and I proclaimed it to be mine. >>

        Don't stop with the Greek Myths either. I discovered that book in like 2nd
        grade, and there is also a Norse Gods and Giants in the same wonderful
        format, as well as a cool book called Leif the Lucky (which I only
        discovered recently but we have a copy) and probably others.

        Lizzie Triano
        lizziewriter@...
        amor vincit omnia