Re: [mythsoc] fantasy, change in genre

  • jamcconney@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2003
      In a message dated 7/3/2003 12:28:27 PM Central Daylight Time,
      glzabel@... writes:

      > I have not read any books by Tony Hillerman. I'll have to take a peek next
      > time I'm in the library.

      Please do--they are exceptionally good. The PBS Mystery series did an
      adaptation of one recently--and I hope they plan to continue. It was especially
      interesting in that, though they made some significant changes from the books,
      there were none that disturbed me (and one that delighted me). The casting was
      spot-on (at least IMNSHO) unlike the Hollywood-feature attempt a few years ago,
      about which the less said the better.

      Anne