Mythical Beasts

  • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 22, 1999
      I was just over at the Home Depot, and went out through the garden section.
      They had the most tempting sculpture of a Gryphon - at least 3 ft. high, I'd
      say, and =imposing=!

      But I'd better not add to the confusion of lawn sculptures in our
      neighborhood. We've already got at various houses a squirrel, a pineapple,
      and up around the corner a lion with a heraldic shield on his chest, painted
      shoe-polish white, which frankly looks pretty dumb, including now that he's
      wearing a red Christmas neck cord. Aslan, he isn't.

      There's also a house with an authentic Narnian lamp-post. This was installed
      last year and has never been wired for electricity or piped for gas, but
      after a few months in which it drove me batty, standing there empty and
      blind, they put in an orange Halloween candle and now have greens on the post
      and a white Christmas candle - I hope the lamp will remain "stocked" from
      here on.

      Mary S
    • ERATRIANO@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 22, 1999
        Ohhhh, I Have a griffin... his name is Clyde and he's made of cast aluminum.
        Mine is still silver, but the one we got my Dad (we both got for our Oct
        b'days but minewas a surprise) he named Merv, and has painted with this stuff
        that has a tan/black/white pebbly texture and it's soooo cool. (they really
        need tobe painted as there is a lot of Bondo kind of stuff on them)

        My DH got them from some sort of cast aluminum source, I suspect they were
        around $60 or so? not really sure. If anyone is interested, I can get the
        info.

        Also, Design Toscano has some neat things. Dad just got a sort of indoor
        sized resin copy of the, uh, history buffs help me out here, it's a sleeping
        lion with the Swiss cross shield on it...
        Design Toscano: http://www.designtoscano.com/

        Lizzie
      • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 22, 1999
          In a message dated 12/22/99 2:44:32 PM Central Standard Time,
          ERATRIANO@... writes:

          > it's a sleeping
          > lion with the Swiss cross shield on it...

          The Lion of Lucerne?
        • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 22, 1999
            The gryphon I saw was greyish-greenish, colored like verdigris or like
            weathered stone.

            Yes, Toscano has some nifty things for Mythie tastes... so does
            http://www.pasttimes.com

            Mary S
          • ERATRIANO@xxx.xxx
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 22, 1999
              In a message dated 12/22/1999 5:58:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
              Stolzi@... writes:

              << The Lion of Lucerne? >>
              Yes, that's it.

              Lizzie
            • ERATRIANO@xxx.xxx
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 22, 1999
                In a message dated 12/22/1999 5:58:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                Stolzi@... writes:

                << The gryphon I saw was greyish-greenish, colored like verdigris or like
                weathered stone. >>
                Oooh, I want to do mine in a sort of terra cotta... and have a look at that
                past times website. Don't forget that old standby, Dancing Dragon. I'm not
                sure if they have a website. There is a pretty silver ring that they call a
                dragon but I say is a Griffin!

                Lizzie
              • Steve
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 22, 1999
                  On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, you wrote:
                  > From: ERATRIANO@...
                  >
                  > In a message dated 12/22/1999 5:58:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                  > Stolzi@... writes:
                  >
                  > << The gryphon I saw was greyish-greenish, colored like verdigris or like
                  > weathered stone. >>
                  > Oooh, I want to do mine in a sort of terra cotta... and have a look at that
                  > past times website. Don't forget that old standby, Dancing Dragon. I'm not
                  > sure if they have a website. There is a pretty silver ring that they call a
                  > dragon but I say is a Griffin!
                  >
                  > Liz

                  A real triceratops?
                • ERATRIANO@xxx.xxx
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 23, 1999
                    In a message dated 12/22/1999 11:58:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                    sschaper@... writes:

                    << A real triceratops? >>
                    Okay, you got me, what's the connexion?

                    Lizzie