Re: [mythsoc] Wizard genetics in Potterworld

  • Max Rible
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
      On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 17:05, Berni Phillips wrote:
      > So it seems that wizards generally breed true but muggles produce wizards in
      > a not-infrequent basis. I wonder how many generations are left until
      > muggles have to be a protected minority? The Ministry of Magic seems to be
      > set up to cover that with Arthur Weasley's department. At some point, the
      > wizard world would become the dominant one and they would all be out in the
      > open.

      Shades of _The Case of the Toxic Spell Dump_! (A fun Harry Turtledove
      book.)

      Alternatively, being a wizard is sufficiently dangerous that the
      muggles are only providing a replacement population for all the
      wizards that blow themselves sky-high before they can get to a magical
      healer. The old wizard clans might not be dying out so much as just
      being swamped by the influx of muggle-born wizards that are turning
      up from the increasing muggle population, and most of the
      wizards are just too innumerate to bother with statistics.

      Oh, and for your amusement:

      Harry Potter and the Cauldron of Scams:
      http://www.scamorama.com/harrypotter-ayokure.html
      --
      %% Max Rible http://www.amurgsval.org/~slothman/ %%
      %% "The duty of the patriot is to protect his country from its %%