RE: [mythsoc] Re: proto-fantasy--magic or not? Enright & Konigburg

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2003
      Another suggestion for the 10-year-old: Rudyard Kipling's _Jungle
      Book_ (not at all to be confused with the Disney version!).

      All of them, yes! Down to "In the Rukh" which I only found in recent
      years. I so loved those books, with their verses between, for many years
      and still do.

      Trying them on my 7-yo though is no good yet. I can read him HP or other
      modern things, but Kipling's language is too much. My own fault, for not
      bringing him up on more Milne and Potter....

      Lizzie Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia