Re: Blaylock

  • David Lenander
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 1999
      Responding to the message of <002001be5f64$fb6a0430$6d32d2cc@...>
      from mythsoc@onelist.com:

      > From: "Diane Conner" <connersd@...>
      >
      > Has anyone read, James Blaylock's, "The Last Coin?"

      Yes, and I think it may be his finest book. But I found it irritating to read,
      because I could barely stand the protagonist. In my comments on _The Paper
      Grail_ at
      http://www.tc.umn.edu/nlhome/m391/d-lena/LHH%2311Paper%20Grail.html
      I indirectly made some comments about Coin in comparing the two books.

      Blaylock has been a perennial contender for our MFA, definitely worth reading.

      David Lenander, Library Manager I
      Bio-Medical Library Access Services work: (612)626-3375
      Circulation, Core Collections & Reserve Desks home: (651)292-8887
      Diehl Hall/505 Essex SE fax: (612)626-2454
      University of Minnesota
      Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455

      e-mail: d-lena@...
      web-page: http://www.tc.umn.edu/nlhome/m391/d-lena/BirdnBab.html