Re: [mythsoc] language what?

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2003
      It's a perfectly accurate notion. Anyone who genuinely knows several
      languages can test the validity of the weak version of the Sapir-Whorf
      hypothesis for
      him(her)self. >>

      thank you, Alexei. You remain on my Heroes list. xox

      For the rest, it is being educational ... keep it up.

      ... I do think that lovingkindness was the meaning of chesed we were
      exploring. Lovingkindness is one of those older English translation
      (Prayer Book? KJB?) words that we used to hear a lot. Not so much with the
      new versions of things.

      "Cheesed off" is not an expression I use.

      Lizzie Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia