Children's Fantasy

  • Jane Bigelow
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2003
      Thanks to all of you for your suggestions! I want to go & reread some of
      them myself, or read for the first time in some cases--I missed some, and
      some weren't written yet when I was that age.

      David, thanks so much for your comments. I wasn't sure about Evangeline
      Walton myself, but hadn't read the books in a Very Long Time.

      I don't quite know why the length of LOTR doesn't bother Rebecca's son and
      the HP novels do. Perhaps it's because LOTR is usually published in three
      volumes, and therefore looks less intimidating? Rebecca doesn't know either.

      Anyway, I'm passing all this along. Thanks again!
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2003
        A book that several of my friends recommend is _David and the Phoenix_ by
        Edward Ormondroyd. I haven't read it yet, or at least I haven't read it since I
        was a child. I'll find out if I remember reading it when I knock it off just
        before Christmas. I bought it as a present for a nephew.