Buffy

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2003
      SusanPal@... wrote:

      > And, personally, I think Spike's yummy, even cuter than J-Legolas.

      Ouch! I've pretty much overdosed on the comments of the wonderfulness of
      Spike, on various lists. When he was introduced, he was a bland and
      undistinguished character. I remarked on the Buffy Watchers list that
      the only way he could have killed 2 Slayers was to bore them to death
      (and that's essentially how it turned out, too!).

      Fortunately (at least, according to my taste), the writers started in on
      some real character development. Once we found out that "William the
      Bloody" was called that because of his bloody awful poetry, THEN we the
      character started getting interesting, and in the past 3-4 seasons he's
      been much more tolerable. (He was darned cute *before* he became a
      vampire, but, in my opinion, lost his looks upon becoming the undead.)

      But no, Spike was never more than a minor character to me. Buffy and
      Giles were the heart and soul and focus of the show to me, and rightly
      so, in my opinion.

      Other opinions, as I am most painfully aware, differ (i.e those that
      think it was "the Spike show").

      Joan
      Joan Marie Verba
      verba001@...