Re: [mythsoc] Magic and language (was HP - some choice Commentary / magic sys...

  • jamcconney@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2003
      In a message dated 6/25/2003 10:42:04 AM Central Daylight Time,
      dianejoy@... writes:

      > Navajo would be interesting: the military used it as a key for the Enigma
      > codes in WW II.

      Actually the military used Navajo "code talkers" almost entirely (I believe)
      in the Pacific. The Enigma code (or codes, there were several variations) were
      German and the Allies breaking of them was an important factor in the defeat
      of Hitler.

      Anne