Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 1282

  • Steve Schaper
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2003
      On Sun, 2003-06-22 at 08:00, mythsoc@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > I HOPE someone eventually will tell me definitely who dies so it won't
      > be a nasty surprise when I get to Order of the Phoenix (which I probably
      > won't read until it's in paperback).

      If you really want to know, I can e-mail you, but just in case you are
      kidding, I'll wait for confirmation.

      > Joan
      > Joan Marie Verba
      > verba001@...
      > http://www.sff.net/people/Joan.Marie.Verba
      >

      > Message: 5
      > Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 23:06:22 -0000
      > From: "Pauline J. Alama" <PJAlama@...>
      > Subject: Re: a question on female writers of male protagonists

      > I would be interested in hearing how the male characters written by
      > female authors seem to men on the list.

      Just regarding Harry and Ron, the main thing I notice in book V is that
      they understand women at 15 quite a bit better than I understand them at
      <mumble-mumble> Otherwise fairly believable, but again on the women
      thing, They aren't thinking or responding like 15 year old boys.
      > _______

      > And a reminder that some of us intend to read the book but are not willing
      > to plonk down $30 right away

      It was $16.17(US) at Stuffmart.