LotR recordings

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2003
      It took me 6 months, but I finally got the unabridged Lord of the Rings
      on CDs read by Rob Inglis at a price I can afford (from eBay).

      I already had The Hobbit CDs and started playing them. However, I was
      disappointed, since I have the Nicol Williamson abridged recording of
      The Hobbit in my memory and I felt that was much better (that was done
      on vinyl records, 33 rpm). Haven't been able to find this on CD, though.
      (Still have the records, no longer have a record player.)

      I think the LotR reading will go a lot better because there's no
      competing recording stored in my memory.

      Joan
      Joan Marie Verba
      verba001@...