fantasy for 10 year old?

  • jbigelow@pcisys.net
    Message 1 of 35 , Jun 22, 2003
      Friends,

      A coworker of mine is looking for fantasy for her ten-year-old son. He's
      already read LOTR *3* times, as well as Narnia and some of the Redwall
      books. He's a little daunted by the size of the individual Harry Potter
      books. I thought he might like Crown Duel/Court Duel, or some of Diana
      Wynne Jones or Tamora Pierce's The Circle Opens.

      He's obviously reading well above grade level, but he is still only ten
      years old. Any suggestions?

      Jane

    • Margaret Dean
      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 2, 2003
        jamcconney@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 7/2/2003 10:21:51 AM Central Daylight Time,
        > margdean@... writes:
        >
        > > There's actually one more: =Spiderweb for Two,=
        >
        > And--oops--I missed that one. But I bet our local library has it. Never
        > too late, right?

        Right! And if your local library doesn't have it in their own
        collection, they can probably get it for you through interlibrary
        loan.

        --Margaret Dean
        <margdean@...>