Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 1282

  • tedsherman@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 22, 2003
      I'm one of the unfortunate few who have yet to receive my copy (I should say
      copies since we have 4 on order--3 from overstock.com [a great place to buy
      at great discounts--HP was only $13.49 plus $2 shipping] and the British
      adult copy from amazon.co.uk) of Order of the Phoenix. When I received an
      email stating it had shipped on 18 June, I thought for sure we would receive
      it yesterday, but, alas, the US Postal system thought better.

      By the way, Mythlore 91 is at the printer; I need to check the proofs before
      giving them the go-ahead to print. But it should be in the mail stream
      before I leave for England--to teach my course on "The Appeal of Harry
      Potter--on July 10.

      Ted
      ------------------------------
      Dr. Theodore J. Sherman, Editor
      Mythopoeic Literature
      Associate Professor of English
      Murfreesboro, TN 37132
      615 898-2653 Office
      615 898-5098 FAX
      tsherman@... Office
      tedsherman@... Home
    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 22, 2003
        In a message dated 6/22/2003 9:02:06 AM Central Daylight Time,
        tedsherman@... writes:

        > I'm one of the unfortunate few who have yet to receive my copy (I should
        > say
        > copies since we have 4 on order--3 from overstock.com [a great place to buy
        > at great discounts--HP was only $13.49 plus $2 shipping] and the British
        > adult copy from amazon.co.uk) of Order of the Phoenix.

        For the college library, Ted, or so all members of the family can have one?
        :)

        I'm nearly halfway through at this point.

        Tell me, are you also going to Oxonmoot in September, as was suggested by
        something I received in my e-mail the other day?

        Diamond Proudbrook

      • Steve Schaper
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 24, 2003
          On Sun, 2003-06-22 at 08:00, mythsoc@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          > I HOPE someone eventually will tell me definitely who dies so it won't
          > be a nasty surprise when I get to Order of the Phoenix (which I probably
          > won't read until it's in paperback).

          If you really want to know, I can e-mail you, but just in case you are
          kidding, I'll wait for confirmation.

          > Joan
          > Joan Marie Verba
          > verba001@...
          > http://www.sff.net/people/Joan.Marie.Verba
          >

          > Message: 5
          > Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 23:06:22 -0000
          > From: "Pauline J. Alama" <PJAlama@...>
          > Subject: Re: a question on female writers of male protagonists

          > I would be interested in hearing how the male characters written by
          > female authors seem to men on the list.

          Just regarding Harry and Ron, the main thing I notice in book V is that
          they understand women at 15 quite a bit better than I understand them at
          <mumble-mumble> Otherwise fairly believable, but again on the women
          thing, They aren't thinking or responding like 15 year old boys.
          > _______

          > And a reminder that some of us intend to read the book but are not willing
          > to plonk down $30 right away

          It was $16.17(US) at Stuffmart.