Re: [mythsoc] Re: a question on female writers of male protagonists

  • jamcconney@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 21, 2003
      I remember when I was an undergraduate (somewhere around the end of the Dark
      Ages) a professor solemnly and seriously told me I shouldn't try to write a
      male protagonist because women couldn't handle male characters.

      I replied that Flaubert seemed to have done pretty well with Madame
      Bovary....

      Anne

    • Pauline J. Alama
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30, 2003
        Good answer. Didn't Flaubert say that Mme. Bovary was himself?
        Typical, IMO.
        Pauline