Re: [mythsoc] Harry!

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 21, 2003
      From: <Stolzi@...>

      > Wednesday in my old-ladies-arthritis pool class, everyone =else= who had
      > ordered it, or had a discount coupon for it, was procuring the new Harry
      Potter
      > for their grandchildren, not for themselves like me. (SIGH) Always the
      > weirdo....

      Oh, they just say that, Mary. They read it, too -- at least all the
      grandmothers at my church do. (And if they don't, they're probably boring.)

      Berni
    • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 22, 2003
        I just wish we got an extra of the hat, because it has the date on it and
        we spent yesterday at my brother in law's wedding.

        Lizzie Triano
        lizziewriter@...
        amor vincit omnia
      • dianejoy@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 23, 2003
          My friend Harry was talking about HP V (which he is about 2/3 the way
          through; his copy arrived Saturday morning) and I said "Well, I'll probably
          order mine from the Science Fiction Book Club." Whereupon he said:
          "That's not necessary." Then he explained what happened.

          Seems an owl who presumably works for Amazon.com (at least according to
          Harry who ordered his copy from there), accidently placed *two* copies of
          HP V into his box and sent it out. Consequently, Harry said to me "Would
          you like a copy?" Of course, I said "Yes!" For which I paid him about
          $15-17 last night. (He said that was about right; books are pretty cheap
          on Amazon. Note: I have never ordered anything from them; it's too
          *dangerous!*)

          It's like God said "Here. Have a copy. Cheap." Though I hate to think
          that perhaps somewhere, someone has *not* received *their* copy of HP V. I
          hope that's not the case. (I suspect Harry ordered an extra copy, and
          doesn't want to admit it!)

          I plan to start it this evening. ---djb

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 23, 2003
            In a message dated 6/22/3 2:39:38 AM, Lisa Harrigan wrote:

            <<And a copy of Caroline by Gaiman, because it sounded interesting.>>

            "'It's Coraline. Not Caroline. Coraline, ' said Coraline."

            Alexei
          • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 23, 2003
              Sorry Coraline - I didn't have the book in front of me.

              Mythically yours,
              Lisa