Harry, Pt 2

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2003
      Rather weird to think of all the thousands or even millions (?) of people all
      doing the same thing I've been doing this afternoon - reading HARRY POTTER
      AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX.

      In the first three chapters, lots of surprises, one amusing new character (I
      think she's going to be amusing anyway) and one joke I really liked.

      Afraid that before I can plow through these 870 pages I'll run across lotsa
      spoilers in the media or on the lists. But I'm darned if I'll stay up tonight
      to finish the thing! I read fast but not THAT fast, and I didn't really get
      down to HARRY until about an hour ago.

      Diamond Proudbrook

    • Joan Marie Verba
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 21, 2003
        Stolzi@... wrote:

        > Afraid that before I can plow through these 870 pages I'll run across lotsa
        > spoilers in the media or on the lists. But I'm darned if I'll stay up tonight
        > to finish the thing! I read fast but not THAT fast, and I didn't really get
        > down to HARRY until about an hour ago.

        Heck, I just started Goblet of Fire a couple of days ago. (Enjoying it
        immensely, though the beginning was somewhat confusing and didn't seem
        to relate to Harry at first.)

        I HOPE someone eventually will tell me definitely who dies so it won't
        be a nasty surprise when I get to Order of the Phoenix (which I probably
        won't read until it's in paperback).

        Joan
        Joan Marie Verba
        verba001@...
      • Berni Phillips
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 21, 2003
          From: <Stolzi@...>

          > Rather weird to think of all the thousands or even millions (?) of people
          all
          > doing the same thing I've been doing this afternoon - reading HARRY POTTER
          > AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX.
          >
          > Afraid that before I can plow through these 870 pages I'll run across
          lotsa
          > spoilers in the media or on the lists.

          And a reminder that some of us intend to read the book but are not willing
          to plonk down $30 right away (and don't belong to discount clubs where you
          can get it cheaper). Please be sure to put a spoiler warning at the start
          of your post if you're going to talk about the book in such a way as to give
          things away. Thank you.

          Berni