Re: [mythsoc] Another character done gone - new HP - ANOTHER?!

  • Margaret Dean
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 18, 2003
      SusanPal@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 6/18/2003 6:49:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      > bernip@... writes:
      >
      > > I vote for
      > > McGonagle (or however you spell her name) for headmistress of Hogwarts
      > > after him.
      > >

      > My thoughts precisely!

      Heh. My vote is for Snape, actually -- by previous secret
      arrangement with Dumbledore, only they let Lucius Malfoy =think=
      it's his idea. Just picture Harry's horror...

      --Margaret Dean
      <margdean@...>
    • SusanPal@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 18, 2003
        bernip@... writes:

        > I vote for
        > McGonagle (or however you spell her name) for headmistress of Hogwarts after
        > him.

        My thoughts precisely!

        Susan

      • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 18, 2003
          Heh. My vote is for Snape, actually -- by previous secret
          arrangement with Dumbledore, only they let Lucius Malfoy =think=
          it's his idea. Just picture Harry's horror... >>

          I am dying to find out what is the story with Snape.... and with
          Hagrid&Dumbledore. Do you think Dumbledore is Hagrid's father? I think
          Snape and James Potter were both after the gal that ended up Harry's mum.
          Not that I classify all conflicts via romance and its convolutions...
          well.... maybe a little....

          I think it is possible that a real main character, such as Harry, could die
          at the end of the last book, but that would catapult the mood out of the
          happy-ending preferred by YA and even many adult readers. I would agree
          that Dumbledore could die; perhaps the student death in the last book was
          preparing us for such an eventuality. Hey, we could really be surprised
          and it could be Snape himself who dies, after of course we get hte rest of
          his story first.

          We will likely get the book in hand fairly soon, and I will get to read it
          first (husband isnt' interested, and interested child can't quite read it
          on his own yet). It is providing handy motivation to try again at reading
          the third book... we got partway into it and it was just too much. Now
          with summer coming it should go better.

          When is the next movie due out?

          Lizzie Triano
          lizziewriter@...
          amor vincit omnia
        • Stolzi@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 19, 2003
            In a message dated 6/18/2003 8:49:12 PM Central Daylight Time,
            bernip@... writes:

            > Hey, Mary, may we borrow your copy at Mythcon? I don't intend to buy it
            > until it comes out in paperback.

            You should be attending stuff, Berni, not reading! ;) And this one will
            take a whale of reading - isn't it the longest one yet?

            Or, wait, I'll let you read it at the reg. desk if you'll do the sitting
            there handing out reg packets :)

            Mary S

          • dianejoy@earthlink.net
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 19, 2003
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 19, 2003
                From: <SusanPal@...>

                Stolzi@...
                > writes:
                >
                > > My heart misgives me for dear Hagrid... he'd be so brave and gruff and
                > > self-sacrificing about it... oh dear
                >
                > What about Dumbledore? There was a clue at the end of the last book that
                > something's not quite right with him.

                I think that it will probably be Dumbledore, then Voldemort could put someone in the headmasters seat at Hogworts. I just hope it is not one of the Ron or Hermione, or any of the Weasleys.